Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Easier To Love Money?


I read an article on MSN about women who marry for money as opposed to Love, and if that was a good idea or not. I think Kanye summed it up best "I ain't calling you a GOLD DIGGER, but she ain't mess with any BROKE niggas!" I'm not one to judge, so by all means, get your paper boo-boo. But don't think that marrying some man for his money is going to solve all your problems though. Who to say he'll be rich forever, you two will be together forever [editor's note: Or long enough to get your half a.k.a. ALL HIS SHIT! in the divorce], or that you will actually be happy? People say money doesn't buy happiness, well those people most be broke, because money can definitely purchase you some things that will put a smile on your face. But it's artificial happiness, not true happiness. Money can get you those cars, clothes, girls, money can get you a lot, but those things are like drugs they get you that high you were craving, but it never last that long. Then your right back where you didn't want to be. Also I think women marrying for money just puts women in a bad spot in general. Don't claim you're Ms. Independent, when the cash you're spending isn't yours. Don't come complaining about equality when you haven't done equal share of the work. It's more as if we made a transaction, or better yet I made a purchase. I bought you. So get your shit together, or just like a car I'll trade your ass in. Females like those are a dime a dozen. What one won't do, another one will. These statements show no respect for a woman, and how could I respect one when we're not even on the same level playing field? Now I know you could come back with arguments like, "Well we are the one's that have and take care of the kids!" And I tip my hat to any woman walking around for 9 months with a small life in their belly, but that's about it. You don't take care of the kids! You have Rosaletta or some other third world lady come or the all powerful moving picture box do the grunt work for you. Also I'm not going to compare something that cannot be measured in some form of monetary value. So that argument is like comparing apples to oranges. If I get married, it's going to be out of Love. Not only will I respect you as a woman, but I will respect you as a human being. Your opinion has value and I promise to do my best in doing my fair share. Now don't get me wrong, I don't plan us to go half on everything as I hope to make enough money to support my family and hopefully give them everything they desire, but I want my wife to know, I just don't think of her as a big butt and a smile, but as my best-friend, the Love of my life, my wife, and the beautiful mother of my children. But then again that's just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment