Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let's play with the Stock Market


So, I have a friend who has been for the past couple of weeks has been trying to get into the stock market. She has been asking everyone on advise on buying stocks or on which stocks to buy (I think she really just wanted to know which stocks to dump her money in so she could start making money). My advise was to buy low, sell high. Pretty simple enough, but then it really got me thinking and sparked a question. How do you know which stocks to buy and when? I know there is no definite answer on the subject, but being knowledgeable on the subject seems better than just randomly purchasing cheap stock and hoping for the best.

So I decided to do a mini-series on what it takes to play in the stock market and hopefully how to do it well. I figure what do I have to lose(besides all my money)! I don't plan to dump my whole life savings in stocks and I'm not too worried about going broke, as I am already broke. Look at it as I see it, you can only lose what you put in. Put in 100$, you could lose, but put in 100$, you could get a return of 200$, 500$, 1,000$, etc. The amount of money you could make is infinite. So way not give it a try. Use the money you were going to waste on something that wouldn't give you any opportunity on a return of your money, to go buy some stock.

But now you're wondering, what stock should I buy? How does the stock market work? I know nothing about it. I am in the same boat as many of you that is why I decided to learn the stock market and keep track of all my activities and any information, here for everyone to see and learn from. This is just the start. Let's play in the stock market and win BIG!




No comments:

Post a Comment